Tuesday, November 13, 2012

A Month of Gratitude: Day 13

My Gentle Giant
I am thankful for my Queen. She holds a special place in my heart. Growing up with friends who had horses and who were so generous to teach me about them, made me want my own some day. I remember going to the Iowa State Fair every year and watching the excitement of the draft shows and when Queen came up for sale shortly after starting my job with Farmland, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to take this once little, two year old beauty home. While she is quite a change from Ryan and the farm's horses used to work cattle, she is the foundation to building our future team of Cedar Creek Clydesdales. She has such a wonderful (and funny) disposition, conformation (though this is not the best picture) and is so good with Trayton. I know having her is a luxury, especially with her training to both ride and drive, and she is my big sweetheart.

Wishing you a pot o' gold, and all the joy your heart can hold. Thanks for reading!