Saturday, November 10, 2012

A Month of Gratitude: Day 10

Ability to Aid Others

I am thankful we have not been in a situation where we have been forced to evacuate our home, or have completely lost our home and all belongings. Many are not as fortunate, as recently Hurricane Sandy has left parts of the northeast in terrible condition. When a friend mentioned her co-worker was collecting winter items and basic necessities to send out east, Trayton and I spent a day going through some things and gathering others to donate. I think he enjoyed helping me pack items and asking what each thing was for (how they would need it.) I hope one day he understands the meaning of community and charity; I am thankful there are people out there with generous hearts who are willing to help complete strangers. We can never be sure if we might ever be in the shoes of need.   

Wishing you a pot o' gold, and all the joy your heart can hold. Thanks for reading!