Monday, November 12, 2012

A Month of Gratitude: Day 12

Breastfeeding Resources and Awareness
I am thankful for the effort people and organizations are making to normalize the very biological and natural act of breastfeeding in this country. The maternal response to feed an infant is challenged by many obstacles, lack of education/information and marketing. I am thankful for the resources provided by lactation consultants, doctors and nurses who are breastfeeding advocates, and organizations and individuals such as La Leche League International, Kelly Mom, Best for Babes, Nurtured Child, The Leaky Boob, Baby Dickey, and so many more that I have not mentioned. Not only have these resources helped me numerous times, but they truly believe in helping women to obtain what they need for making the most informed decisions. Pictured above is Aaralyn's first feeding after birth and such a special moment I hold in my heart for us!


Wishing you a pot o' gold, and all the joy your heart can hold. Thanks for reading!