Monday, February 13, 2012

Pregnancy Week 23

Baby girl is just over a pound this week and measures a little over 11 inches; she's about the size of a large mango! Blood vessels are developing in the lungs for gas exchange/breathing and her ears are continuing to mature, picking up more sounds than ever. I vacuumed a ton with Trayton (the nesting instinct kicked in early) and after he was born I could run it, the dishwasher and washer/dryer without any fuss. Sometimes they even lulled him to sleep! Our little girl is starting to get just as acquainted with these machines.
23 Weeks - Mom: Edema (swelling) is a common symptom in the lower extremities starting around this time and I've noticed  little in my feet on my longer clinical days, despite the extra water I drink and running around. I've noticed baby girl moving around a lot more in the early morning and late evening but Ryan hasn't been able to feel her yet. I can usually see her move in the bath water but it has been hard outside of the tub. I've also noticed a little sciatic nerve pain, ouch! I have tried stretching but may have to make an appointment with my chiropractor. Last time I got away with none until I had Trayton and this time its on the opposite side.

Weight: 214 (+1 from last week, 9lbs overall)
To-do: work on getting the rest of the trim done in the living room, leaving only 2 windows in the new part of the house and some trim in the old part of the house.
   

Wishing you a pot o' gold, and all the joy your heart can hold. Thanks for reading!