Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pregnancy Week 22

Baby girl is 11 inches in length and weighs about 1 pound; think 1 inch less than a ruler and almost as skinny! She should now look like a miniature newborn complete with more distinct lips, eyebrows, eyelids and tooth buds under the gums. Her irises still lack pigment but lanugo covers her body and her pancreas is slowly maturing.  

22 Weeks - Mom: The lovely stretch marks I acquired with Trayton are slowly darkening in appearance as my belly grows, despite my use of BioOil and lotion. However, my hair and nails are thicker and seem to be growing at a much faster rate than I remember with Trayton. The heartburn is still present at different times of the day and I feel like I'm constantly eating something. Good news at our appointment on
January 10th was that I only gained 2lbs. putting me at 213 and a total gain of 8lbs. My OB was really excited about this, more than I was and I couldn't help but laugh to myself! I know watching your weight is important during pregnancy for a number of reasons (and when you're not pregnant) but I've never been that excited over it! Little girl's heartbeat was in the 150s and my thyroid levels were unchanged = good! We will have our anatomy scan at our next appointment during week 26 and while I already know the gender, I am excited to see our little girl again!
Week 22 Nassau, Bahamas
Wishing you a pot o' gold, and all the joy your heart can hold. Thanks for reading!