Saturday, March 10, 2012

Pregnancy Week 30

Week 30 for Baby: Little girl is about 15.5in long and now weighs about 3lbs. Her eyesight continues to develop and she continues to fill out with the weight she's gaining.
Week 30 for Mom: As you can see, we have the same shirt on as last week in this picture. Yes, I am at that point where I have about 10 shirts that completely cover my belly and she is all out front. Trayton on the other hand filled me out from side to side and rested much higher. On the plus side, I have had no difficulty breathing with her because of her low position. I had an appointment on March 8th and doctor determine she was still positioned with her bottom down. He wasn't concerned at this point as she still has plenty of time to turn, however, if she does not turn by 37 weeks he would discuss with me external cephalic version (manually turning her from the outside by applying pressure to my abdomen and guiding her to a head down position.) Trouble sleeping has started to occur, one, because I have to get up to use the restroom at least once at night and two, the lovely hormone called progesterone has softened my ligaments even more, which means my pubic symphysis (the anterior portion here the pubic bones meet)the  is slightly sore at frequent intervals on top of the pressure I feel down there (she may just fall out once labor gets going!)  Weight gain was 4lbs, putting me at 224lbs and a total gain of 18lbs and I'm guessing some of it is due to water retention (you can now see the edema in my legs at night; its only a matter of time until my feet fall victim as well.)

Wishing you a pot o' gold, and all the joy your heart can hold. Thanks for reading!