Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Little Man's First Birthday

Trayton's first birthday is just around the corner (~7 weeks, yikes!) and while I've been plugging away planning his "King of the Jungle" themed party, Ryan and I haven't decided what we are going to get him. I have a couple of ideas, but I was hoping to get more from all of you! We have little items figured out like a Melissa & Doug puzzle, more Lego Dulpo sets to go with his Zoo (Ryan enjoys collecting Legos!), a small basket ball hoop and books but we're having trouble deciding what else we should get him.

First, I have been debating between two of Fisher Price's Laugh & Learn products, the Fun with Friends Musical Table and the Baby Grand Piano.

I love the Laugh & Learn collection by Fisher Price and so does Tray! We currently have the LL Farm, LL Learning Kitchen, LL Love to Play Puppy and LL Counting Animal Friends book. Do you think this would be overload? I have been leaning more toward the piano because he really seems to enjoy plunking around on both my brother's and Ryan's mom's piano.

Second, I have been looking for an indoor ball pit. I haven't done a lot of research on this yet but two I came across were the FP Ball-O-Saurus and Litte Tikes Obstacle Play Center. Have any of you found one you recommend?


Third, I'd love to get him a discovery cube, like this Educo Down on the Farm discovery box. Do you have or have you seen any other discovery boxes that kids love?

What did (do) your little ones love at this age? What great gifts am I missing or overlooking out there? Please, lay 'em on me! Oh, and space really isn't an issue out here so if outdoor things come to mind too please share. Thanks!!!

Wishing you a pot o' gold, and all the joy your heart can hold. Thanks for reading! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory